Friday, July 21, 2006

WTF?

I just got back from dropping off some tapes at a transfer house on Newburry Street, and the oddest thing happened. I was leaving the fifth floor of the building, and when the door to the elevator opened there stood two very old men coming down from the sixth floor (the top). Now here's what caught me off guard... They both had white goatees, small straw hats and canes -not to mention the kind of clothes you would imagine accompanying those things.

Because I had my headphones on I could only slightly make out what they were talking about, but the two things I heard them say (in British accents!) were "Nineteenth Century" and "Roosevelt."

My only theory is that the top floor of that brownstone is some kind of Explorers club or English Gentlemens club.

No comments: